- Support and enhance the psychological care and deliver daily therapeutic interventions of residents at Woodleigh Community Hospital,
- Facilitate psychological assessments and interventions under the supervision of the Consultant Clinical Psychologist,
- Assist, provide input and potentially lead group psychological therapy programmes,
- Write assessment reports regarding the patient’s therapeutic progress,
- Assist in clinically related administration where necessary i.e. conduct of audits,
- Create strong therapeutic relationships with inpatients to enhance the delivery of therapeutic treatment.
- Work closely with the MDT and receive supervision from Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
- Clinical note keeping.
- Liaise and work as part of the MDT.
To undertake psychological interventions under the proper supervision of the qualified clinical psychologist
- To assist the formulation and delivery of therapeutic programmes involving psychological treatment and management of the patient’s problems,
- To assist the Consultant Clinical Psychologist during assessments of potential inpatients,
- To contribute to the running, co-ordination and development of a programme of therapeutic groups,
- To facilitate the evaluation of therapeutic interventions and group therapy,
- To work closely with other members of the MDT to deliver a consistent level of safe and effective care to inpatients,
- To attend and contribute to MDT meetings and reviews.
Teaching, training and supervision
- To receive regular supervision with the Clinical Psychologist,
- To gain wider understanding of relevant psychiatric disorders and therapeutic interventions; research driven by the patient’s needs,
- To develop professional skills and competencies which assist the delivery of relevant therapeutic interventions and duties,
- To complete all necessary online training,
- To contribute to the support of other staff in the MDT and facilitate a positive work environment.
This job description is not a rigid or inflexible document but acts to provide guidelines to the duties expected whilst you are in post.
This job description will be reviewed and amended in the light of changing professional demands.