The post holder will be professionally accountable to the Medical Director and on an operational level to the Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist and the hospital director. In turn, all are ultimately responsible within the company to the Chief Executive.
The post holder will primarily be responsible for working alongside the Consultant Psychiatrist delivering a quality clinical service.
- To be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing a Mental Health Service.
- To be mindful of and actively involved in current safeguarding practices.
- To work clinically with patients and their families/carers and other allied professionals.
- To play a key role in the assessment of patients referred to the Service.
- To be directly involved in the treatment of patients referred to the service, particularly in respect of the use of medication.
- To participate in devising plans of action using a variety of therapeutic approaches.
- To support the implementation of plans of action in partnership with parents/carers.
- To liaise closely with other relevant agencies.
- To be aware of the special expertise of different disciplines within the Service in order that the most appropriate help is provided for patients through consultation and/or active involvement of a worker from a different discipline.
- To work as a co-therapist where appropriate.
- To keep accurate records as required.
- To take part in a first on-call rota shared with the Consultant where appropriate.
- To actively participate in weekly MDT (ward round) meetings.
- To actively participate in CPA meetings and Tribunals
Quality / Clinical Leadership
- Participate in the process of referral and admission including preadmission assessment with other team members within the multi-agency team, primarily the unit manager.
- Contributing to specialist meetings for the services provided at the hospital and contributing to the development of service strategy
- Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services
Knowledge and Skills
- There is an expectation that the post holder will be in good standing for continuing professional development with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies.
- The post holder is required to be an approved clinician under section 12 (2) of the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007).
- To be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans.
- To hold up to date registration with GMC including the Special Register and provide evidence of registration when requested by the Hospital Director.
What you will get:
- Salary: £75,000 per annum
- Annual Leave: days including bank holidays