Assisting the Chef to prepare tasty, nutritious meals that our residents and guests will enjoy. Work is performed under the general supervision of a chef.
Key Result Areas:
You’ll be responsible for safe, hygienic food storage and for making sure kitchen equipment and cleaning materials are kept in their correct places.
You will also:
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised (due diligence)
- Keep work surfaces, walls, and floors clean and sanitised.
- Empty and clean fryers – safely disposal of used oil and replace it with fresh
- Clean shelves including legs
- Clean sinks and taps
- Descale the dishwasher weekly
- Clean and refill the breakfast trolley
- Clean fridges inside and out. Pull them out of the place and clean the floor behind them
- Defrost freezers
- Empty the bins and replace the bin bags
- Clean the extractor fans monthly
- Check the expiry date on stored food in the fridge and in the storage room and make sure that the chefs are aware of it.
- Replace dirty mops with clean mops heads daily
- Clean the insect killer light monthly
- Fill the blue roll dispensers, handwash dispenser and possible other dispensers
- Keep clean all the Critical Control Point
What you will get:
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
- Hours of Work: Full Time
- Annual Leave: days including bank holidays