To ensure that all aspects regarding The Mental Health Act are completed and up to date. To provide full administrative and secretarial support to the Consultant Psychiatrist, Hospital Manager and other senior managers as required, in order to ensure the efficient delivery of the service.
- Provide word-processing and general secretarial support for the Consultant Psychiatrist, Hospital Manager, Senior Clinicians and Registered Nurses.
- Prepare assessments, case notes and other clinical reports and documentation relating to the patients and their treatment.
- Draft letters and undertake filing and general administrative duties.
- Arrange pre-admission assessments and other appointments for and on behalf of the clinical team.
- Arrange internal and external meetings, which incorporates the following:
a. Producing, updating and maintaining meeting programmes.
b. Requesting, collating and preparing reports from both internal and external bodies.
c. Liaising with internal and external professionals, Tribunal Office and ministry of justice.
d. Inviting relevant people to meetings.
e. Booking board room and organising refreshments.
- Minute taking.
- Keep diary and make appointments.
- Typing, filing and distributing Clinical Update Information on a weekly basis to Patient Funders.
- Formatting and distributing reports for hearings
- Taking minutes of the hearings and MDT clinical meetings
- To have an understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 including the 2007 revisions to the act.
- To ensure that the staff team receive support to enable them to advise the current patient population on the legal frameworks for appeals to the tribunal service and hospital managers.
- The post holder will liaise with the hospital mangers to arrange appropriate meetings for reviews of detention and ensuring that the managers keep up to date with relevant sections of the act.
- To securely maintain the legal papers for the patients detained at the hospital in line with both local and national policy frameworks.
- To offer support to the hospital manager and the approved clinician surrounding the legal frameworks of the act.
- To attend all statutory training defined by the company and any professional courses deemed suitable by the Manager.
- The post-holder will be representing our services as a main point of contact and will need to have highly developed professional standards in their approach to all visitors, patients and staff.
- The post-holder has a duty to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills to undertake the tasks required of them and should seek clarification, training and guidance in any areas of deficit or uncertainty.
- Support good team working within the unit
- Able to chase for information
What you will get:
- Salary: £21,000-£25,000 per annum
- Hours of Work: Full Time
- Annual Leave: days including bank holidays