The principle duties and responsibilities are:
- To comply with the legal and statutory duties as laid down within the framework of the Care Quality Commission standards.
- The post holder is responsible for the assessment of need and the development, implementation and evaluation of individual programmes designed to help residents achieve and maintain maximum potential and quality of life.
- The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care and may be required to take charge in the absence of more senior staff. The post holder is expected to supervise junior and ancillary staff.
- The post holder is expected to participate fully in quality assurance programmes.
- The post holder will, for a defined group of clients:
- Be responsible for the assessment of need, goal setting, implementation and evaluation of individual programmes designed to help clients achieve and maintain maximum potential and quality of life.
- Attend primary nurse reviews and care planning meetings.
- Assist in facilitating of a therapeutic environment which meets the needs of the clients. Actively promote user involvement and empowerment.
- Work with senior colleagues to develop further clinical expertise and develop research based nursing practice.
- Ensure the promotion of safety, well-being and interests of the clients, staff and all visitors to the unit.
- Be aware of all policies and procedures and carry these out on the unit and ensure that all junior staff follow these policies and procedures.
- Follow the Code of Professional Conduct as laid down by the Nursing & Midwifery Council and Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice in addition to all other good practice guidelines.
- Develop personal skills and expertise in relation to clinical, personnel and management issues.
- Work on day and night duty shifts as appropriate to meet the needs of the service unless otherwise contractually negotiated.
- To carry out assigned Health and Safety duties as requested.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing educational and clinical skills, and to document this.
- Be receptive and supportive to the research plans of others and participate in appropriate research/evaluation studies in Southleigh as required.
The post holder will:
- Accept personal responsibility for identifying own learning needs and professional development.
- Assist in the facilitating of a learning environment conducive to the acquisition of further knowledge skills.
- Contribute to the development of teaching strategies appropriate to the needs of staff and clients.
- This job description is not a rigid or inflexible document but acts to provide guidelines to the duties expected whilst you are in post.
- This job description will be reviewed and amended in the light of changing professional demands.
What you will get:
- Salary: £18.50 per hour
- Hours of Work: Full time
- Annual Leave: days including bank holidays