The post-holder will work under the supervision of a Qualified Nurse, participating in the development and maintenance of high quality, personalised care. In collaboration with the clinical team and service users you will be actively involved in delivering, monitoring and evaluating care and treatment plans and managing risk.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and support the principles of advocacy.
- Promote and safeguard the well being of each patient by demonstrating a responsive caring attitude and being approachable at all times.
- Treat patients as individuals with dignity and respect. Be aware of the values of the patient with regards to culture, religion and beliefs at all times.
- Support Qualified Nurses in recording all relevant information on a daily basis and participate in writing reports, care plans and any other form of documentation as required.
- Participate in the activity and therapy programme and support patients to attend.
- Communicate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team, attend professional meetings and participate in identified training.
- Ensure Hospital Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times and best practice is demonstrated in line with professional guidance.
- Participate in general and enhanced patient observations as required.
- Take an active role in health and safety by reporting all environmental risks identified.
- Participate in escorting patients external to the hospital
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information at all times
- As a representative of the Hospital demonstrate a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Be aware of the Hospitals security procedures and protocols and work within the parameters of same at all times
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need to maintain security requirements and the management of risk alongside therapeutic activities
- Participate in risk assessments and have a clear awareness of the risks each patient may present with at all times
- Participate in the role of Hospital Security Nurse including searching of the environment and patient, monitoring visits and ensuring contraband items are stored securely
- Effectively use hospital radio communication equipment as required
- Support Qualified Nurses in monitoring use of illegal substances
- Participate in de-escalating and effectively dealing with violence and aggression
- Complete a five-day training course in General Services Management of Violence and Aggression
- Attend all mandatory training on an annual basis including security and risk specific training
What you will get:
- Salary: £11 per hour
- Hours of Work: Full Time
- Annual Leave: days including bank holidays