- To work under the direction of the nurse in charge.
- To assist the trained staff in the assessing, planning, implementation and evaluation of each client’s care programme.
- To accept responsibility for a defined group of clients.
- To be responsible for assisting clients to perform activities of daily living and in recreational activities as instructed and prescribed in care plans and in accordance with all unit policies.
- To abide by the rules and procedures as outlined in the Mental Health Act 1983.
- To provide verbal and written reports on clients condition and progress as allocated and instructed.
- Undertake all statutory and mandatory training and any other training deemed appropriate by your line manager or the Hospital Director.
- To undertake domestic/laundry/catering duties as directed by the nurse in charge.
- To adhere to all the policies of the unit.
- To carry out any Health & Safety duties as requested.
- To report any untoward incident of any nature to the nurse in charge.
- To be fully aware of all the operational procedures especially with regard to Health and Safety, fire, emergencies etc.
- To safeguard client’s rights including the individual’s right to privacy and ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To establish and promote good relationships with colleagues and with clients and their relatives.
- To always present oneself and the unit in a professional manner.
What you will get:
- Salary: £10.42 per hour
- Hours of Work: Full Time
- Annual Leave: days including bank holidays