Battersea Bridge House are currently looking to hire a Kitchen Assistant to join our growing team,
- Responsibility for the day to day operation of the kitchen and catering operation.
- Maintain appropriate records including daily work sheets, temperature checks, cutlery checks and weekly deep cleaning.
- To prepare, cook and serve food of the highest standards appropriate to the needs of the patients and staff.
- Participate in regular review of menus in line with patients’ and staff requirements, including the provision of special diets.
- To communicate effectively with patients and staff to ensure the provision of relevant, appealing diets.
- To assist and maintain high standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- To have knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations, with specific reference to COSHH and chemicals in use.
- To keep all surfaces and storage areas clean and tidy. To keep the floor area clean and free of grease or spillage at all times and washes daily.
- To adhere to the agreed cleaning rotas and schedules.
- To have knowledge of the correct use of all kitchen equipment including knives.
- To gain a Basic Hygiene Certificate and update when required.
- To attend all Mandatory & Statutory training sessions as required to work safely within the Catering Department.
- To dispose of waste correctly.
- To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required.
For further information please contact: