We require an experienced Bank Chef at Purely Care Home to work in an easy to manage kitchen in a caring environment.
Must be able to plan, cook and cater for a Mediterranean diet with healthy eating being the main focus.
Purley View is a 35 bed care home for older people who may suffer from dementia and/or may also require palliative care.
The post holder will:
- Provide a full domestic service to the kitchen/servery.
- Be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen on a day-to-day basis in accordance with legal requirements and the policies of Sturdee Community Hospital
- Promote high standards of cleanliness.
- Observe the policies and procedures of the company.
- Keep updated with changes in the law i.e. hygiene etc.
- Have knowledge of Fire, Health & Safety Regulations together with First Aid as required.
- Implement risk analysis, COSHH and HACCPs e.g. time and temperature control.
- Be responsible for purchasing and receiving food supplies within an agreed budget.
- Plan cost effective menus taking into consideration the requirements of the residents.
- Be responsible for stock control, safe storage of food stuffs, stock levels, stock rotation etc., and all food items from purchase through to service.
- Have hygiene training to required level.
- Be responsible for maintaining the cleaning schedule and for reporting any faults to the maintenance person
- Be responsible for the safe disposal of all waste products, as required.
- Maintain a pest control contract with a recognised operator, and report any faults, changes etc immediately.
- Liaise with other staff members regarding any food problems and/or suggestions.
- Assist with staff training as required by the Manager.
- Communicate any concerns or problems to the Manager.
- Attend meetings, training and fire lectures required to meet company, Health Authority and E.H.O. Regulations