A position has arisen for a Healthcare Support Worker
To maintain a high standard of personal care for each patient under the direction of the registered nurses. To be responsible for ensuring that patient privacy, dignity and respect is maintained at all times.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure, within the clinical ethos of the unit, the highest standard of care for each individual patient.
- Act as Key Worker to nominated patients under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Ensure personal behaviour provides a positive role model from which patients can learn.
- Meet the daily physical needs of each patient, for example, their personal hygiene, dietary and self-help needs.
- Ensure a safe environment is maintained for patients and colleagues.
- Keep appropriate records as directed by the nurse in charge.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and to develop a positive rapport with the patients.
- Participate in and ensure the smooth delivery of the patients behavioural support programme.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of all assessment and treatment programmes within the unit.
- Actively participate in and assist with the daily activities and educational programme.
- Be actively involved and encourage meaningful occupational, leisure and recreational activities during evenings and weekends.
- Be responsible for handling patient’s monies and unit petty cash. Ensuring that receipts are obtained and submitted and that all necessary documentation is completed.
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures relating to financial control within the unit.
- Attend in-service training sessions and external courses as required/directed.
- Adhere at all times to the policies and procedures of the unit.
- The post- holder will have access to a wide range of confidential information which relates to the company, its staff and patients. Such information must not be divulged to any unauthorised person in any circumstances.
Waterloo Manor: Selby Road, Garforth, Leeds, LS25 1NA