Wednesday to Friday, 8.30 am to 6.30 pm
- The post holder to provide a full domestic service to the kitchen, promoting high standards of cleanliness.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
The post holder will:
- Clean and service the kitchen and storeroom. Types of cleaning will include floors, walls, sinks, working surfaces, kitchen equipment and furniture, windows and glass in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Provide a washing up service to the kitchen ensuring that all crockery, cooking pans and cutlery is put back neatly in their appropriate places.
- Ensure that working procedures are carried out as instructed, ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are followed at all times.
- Work closely in liaison with all other staff to provide a service to both the residents and staff and undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Attend meetings, training and fire lectures required to meet company, Health Authority and E.H.O. Regulations.
- Help the Chef to prepare meals where necessary.
- Assist with preparation of tables at meal times.
All staff should bear in mind the overall objectives of the Home, namely that residents will be encouraged to maintain independence and choice in a homely environment.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties. However, it is not exhaustive and may be reviewed from time to time.