We are recruiting Support Workers to join the team across our Supported Living Services to support individuals with complex physical, learning, or mental health needs and development disorders, helping them become independent in the community and for them to live as independently as possible.
We are offering Full or Part time hours and are willing to consider candidates who may be looking for Bank work. Shifts vary across Days, Nights and Weekends, offering you the flexibility to work around commitments you may already have.
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check as well as two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
When you first join Inmind Community Support Services, you will be paid for completing a comprehensive Induction Programme involving face-to-face training, e-learning and shadowing experienced members of your team.
Support our service users in their own homes, in a variety of ways depending on their needs, this could include but is not limited to
- Prompting personal care
- Administering or prompting to take medication.
- Meal preparation
- Helping with cleaning
- Providing companionship
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible
- Provide emotional support when needed, maintaining a person-centred approach
- Accurately report and record any issues related to the care and support of our Service Users to monitor their health and wellbeing
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and have regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of others
The Ideal Candidate
- Caring and compassionate, having a genuine passion for wanting to help our service users lead a full and active life to enable them to achieve as much independence as possible
- Understand there will be challenging days, but able to remain positive in those situations. Remember, you have the chance to positively influence how someone feels and that is no small thing
- You’ll enjoy working as part of team as well as using your own initiative and have a willingness to support your colleagues when needed
- Previous experience working in care is not a requirement, as we will provide specific training to enable you to support people living in our services. We are looking for multiple candidates, with a variety of life experiences, who are looking for a job where they can make a difference each and every day.
About the Company
Inmind Community Support Services is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
We work with local commissioning teams, engaging with them to provide innovative, community based supported living services for people at risk, using our experience and expertise to help people on their journey towards greater independence and a fulfilling life.